SPOT Like & Share Competition
We’re celebrating Father’s this June with our SPOT Like & Share Competition, because we believe that no one should ever loose their Dad on an African outdoor adventure. So in the spirit of celebrating all Dads, we want to make sure you can find him no matter where he may be, and to ensure that he can find help, when it’s really needed most.
How to Enter & Win
To enter the Habitat Africa SPOT Like & Share Competition and stand a chance to win the FREE SPOT Trace, follow these 3 easy steps!
It’s as easy as 123
In addition, SPOT is Celebrating Dads this June with the SPOT Services Promotion, save up to 50% on basic activation.
SPOT SERVICES PROMOTION SPECIAL
SPOT Like & Share Competition Terms & Conditions
The Habitat Africa SPOT Like & Share Promotion ends on the 30 June 2018 and the winner will be selected at random and you must complete all required steps to qualify. Your free SPOT Trace prize will be shipped directly to your door, free of charge. Please Note: No SPOT Services are included with the Habitat Africa SPOT competition prize.
SPOT uses 100% satellite technology to keep you connected to the things that matter most, all while using the world’s most modern satellite network. SPOT offers peace of mind by allowing you to track your assets, send and receive messages, notify friends and family of your GPS position and status, mark way-points, track your progress on Google Maps or notify rescue officials in an emergency situation.
Who Needs SPOT?
Any adventurer traveling by land, sea or air can use SPOT, since its launch, the SPOT satellite technology has assisted in initiating more than 5,000 rescues and counting, while also providing a GPS tracking service which provides peace of mind.
Over the years, many outdoor adventurers, government agencies, professional athletes, National Geographic Explorers, photographers and researchers are just some of the many people that have benefited from using a SPOT tracking device.
- Receive email/text messages when movement is detected
- Monitor valuable assets using Google Maps, in near real-time
- Satellite technology tracks beyond the reach of traditional cellular coverage
- Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals depending on service plan
- Long battery life & plug-in power options
- Compact & Easy to install and use
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, portions of South America, portions of North and South Africa, North-East Asia and hundreds of miles offshore of these areas.
Estimated coverage area. Actual coverage may vary. Success rates are forecasts for a SPOT messenger to successfully deliver a single message during a 20-minute period, based on network availability. Additionally, in everyday conditions it is normal for some messages to be blocked by your environment, such as hills or buildings. That ‘s why the SPOT Messenger is scheduled to automatically send multiple messages in every mode – giving you excellent overall reliability.
How Spot Works?
SPOT is advanced GPS Tracking for anything, once activated, Spot will acquire its exact coordinates from the GPS network and send the GPS location to communication satellites which relay the message back to a ground network. Spot uses the internet to route the message to your phone or computer and allows you to monitor your asset, and track its every movement in near real-time via Google Maps. Because Spot Trace uses satellite technology, it can communicate from remote locations around the world, never let a valuable asset disappear without a trace.
- GPS satellites provide signals
- SPOT messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
- With SPOT X’s new 2-way communication technology, your family and friends as well as GEOS can reply to or send a message to you from virtually anywhere in the world